- I have enjoyed the career of teaching since 2002.
- My prior teaching experiences include: K, 1, 2, 3, 5 and 6.
- My relaxations and passions in life include: Time with my family and friends, being in nature-especially hiking, creatures-all with a slight aversion to smaller creatures that “crunch”, science and art, playing with words, sharing that "ah-ha" or "Woah! That’s cool!" moment.
In my classroom, I promote an atmosphere of safety, trust, and respect. Building a sense of community amongst students, emphasizing the importance of teamwork, and strengthening growth mindset are central themes in my classroom. I value cooperation and collaboration with students, with students' families, and as I work with my colleagues. Great things can happen when we all work together. To achieve our goals, I see myself as having many different jobs:
- Teacher as Academic Enthusiast: The root of education is a love of the content. I work hard to make this enthusiasm infectious through all subjects and to foster a love of learning in my students, even those who come to us with little or no interest in school.
- Teacher as Encourager: It's my job to encourage our "team." I provide them with motivation to try new things and push them to reach their potential. I realize that learning does not come easily to all students and that I must endow students with the belief that they can be successful.
- Teacher as Feedback Provider: In order to be successful and confident, students need positive reinforcement. I give students praise for things they do well and provide extra assistance on skills where they need more help. Each student's journey in our classroom is one of progress and growth.
- Teacher as Learner: Education is constantly changing and shifting the ways in which teachers think. I strive to continuously learn more and to continuously improve my own teaching.